Friday, May 4, 2012

If I wanted to use my PC for recording video for security purposes whad would I have to do?

My computer doesn't have a graphics card so the feed would have to be USB and the video quality doesn't have to be fantastic but obviously decent enough to identify criminals, maybe a 1pfs video would be enough or would this be too jerky? Can anyone recomend what camera I would need and any software that I would need too? I have a 160gB hard drive so how much video would this hold? What size HD would I need to record 24hrs worth of video.



Thanks in advance.|||There are a lot of solutions out there and a lot of things you could consider...do you really need 24 hour continuous recording or could you be fine with motion-activated recording...do you want a wired or wireless solution? You can find some solutions under $200 and you could always purchase an external hard drive to save recordings to. Also the amount of space the recordings take up vary based on the resolution you record at and the system you purchase, so it would be hard to state emphatically how much space you'd need.



You might find a solution like this to be what you are looking for: http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/wirele…|||Have a look at Maplins website.



http://www.maplin.co.uk/?&C=brilliant2&U…|||my friend bought a program at best buy for $25.00 that lets you put 4 web cams that are motion ativated on computer splits screen into 4 sections takes pictures of anything that moves (sorry do not know name of it just ask salesperson at store)

No comments:

Post a Comment