Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best Video card for HD video viewing?

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 7 Pro, and I'm loving it! My next thing is to get a new graphics card because I'm currently running the integrated graphics card that my PC came with. I also might increase my RAM.

Here is what I have:



2GB RAM

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

One PCI Express x16 slot (which I'm assuming is open, i have a tv tuner card and I believe those are usually just PCI)



I don't play games on my PC....I have an Xbox 360 for that. I need an inexpensive graphics card that does HD video(HDTV) well and makes Windows 7 look even better on my HP 21.5" LCD (which is 1080p). I've looked at a ton of cards on newegg but I wanted to get some opinions on what everyone thinks.



Also, should I upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 3GB or 4GB, as I'm running a 32-bit system?|||You are looking for an HTPC card if you are not interested in gaming. The ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 would be perfect for you and the price is right.







$34.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond.

Integrated DisplayPort technology with audio is an innovative digital solution that supports the latest graphics and LCD technologies.

The ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 graphics card consumes less than 25 watts under full load, making it the ideal choice for implementation across a large diverse install base of desktop PCs

ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card features ATI PowerPlay™ technology, delivering high performance when needed and conserving power when the demand on the graphics processor is low. -ATI™



As for RAM 3GB is perfect for 32 bit.|||i would upgrade the RAM, although it isnt completly neccesary yet, although it will be later, when buying a graphics card it will tell you if it runs at 1080p or not. Also you would obviously need a HD monitor and HDMI or similar cord for it. BTW, if u have good enough graphics cards, you can run games at a higher framrate, and at higher graphics than an xbox 360. example, GTA4 on xbox doesnt run at max graphics settings and framerate doesnt hit as high as a pc potentially could|||I great inexpensive card for viewing video is the Radeon HD4350. It even has a built-in HDMI port.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Going to 3gb wouldn't be a dramatic difference, but might help a little depending upon the programs you run... going from 3-4 is just a waste of time/money for 32-bit Windows.|||GeForce 8 series has some pretty cheap cards these days, especially on www.newegg.com. Check it out and see what you find, they're prices are some of the best on the market. It's where I get all of my computer goodies. BTW I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, it's wonderful. Microsoft finally got it done the right way!|||You can use the EVGA video card http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?i…|||Hello,

What exacly do you want to improve? From the video card that you have you should be getting a great video response, buying another video card will not improve you video, unless you want to play games. Maybe you are experiencing some lag or ghosting on you screen, then the problem is the monitor, I know its a 22 inch but you wanna check the response time .... I dont know...maybe thats what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment