Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video Card for Crysis PC Game?

Ok so I am looking to upgrade my PC but I want to be smart about it. Right now I have a:

160 HD

Intel 3.2 processor HT Technology

Radeon 9200 SE (Horrible)



I'm not sure if my processor needs to go.

My Hard Drive is fine.

My Video card sucks!



I have a Samsung SyncMaster 730b with (1280 x 1024)

With that resolution I am not sure what I video card I will need to run Crysis on high settings on. I also want to be able to use it for Directx 10.



I was thinking about the Geforce 8800gtx but I don't know that I will need that much since I can only play on (1280 x 1024) Max. Then I thought maybe the Geforce 8600gt but I hear that it would not be good enough but maybe for my resolution it will?



So all and all, do I need a AmD dual core processor? If so which one should I get that can do the job and not cost so much?

And as far as a video card goes, does anyone have an idea of what I should get considering my resolution?



Thanks to all!|||you can get a better graphics card, but if you want a card that will be good enough to handle crysis at high settings, you will need to replace your processor as well. This is because your processor will be holding back the potential of the card.



For your resolution, a 8800 gts 320mb card will be perfect. They took a 8800GTX, disabled a few pipelines and cut off some of the RAM to bring the price down. ( GTX = $550 GTS = $300) whats great about this card is you dont really need much video memory if your running your monitor at low resolutions.



As for your processor, amb dual cores are alright but intels core duos are the best processors out right now for gaming. A amd dual core running at 2.4 can be beat out by a intel core duo e6400 running at 2.13.



By the way, the offical crysis system specs are not out yet so we can only guess what we will need to play this game, but i consider the 8800 GTS the minimum when it comes to running crysis at high settings on directx10.



The next step down in cards would probably be the geforce 8600 which i doubt it can run crysis at anything higher then medium settings because of its crappy 128-bit memory bus that holds it back.



But if all this sounds a little to expensive to you, it pretty much looks like crysis is going to look good on dx9 anyway so go for a x1950 xt or gefore 7900 if you want.



good luck|||weell ..... i would let the video card go (cuz its umm unsightly) and get a real video card (a nvidia) mabe something like the 8800gts mabye its 320mb i thing but i still wann get one lol i got a mmassive crap one but if you wanna upgrade ur processor then dont get amd my biggest mistake EVER i bort the amd mobo and then the core2 duos came out and i had to lose 200 bucks to get a new motherboard and that core 2 owns that amd like hell so mabe the core t E 6400 whitch i have and it OWNZ mat eit ownz man i love it and mabe get a bigger hdd if you like and do you know that dx10 needs windows vista i think not on the 8800gt make sure for gts lowest mate|||if you dont think youll need 8800gtx, dont go for the 8600gt, thats a HUGE difference.....you should get an 8800gts, 640mb, its very good performance, cheaper, and not as bad as the 8600gt.

No comments:

Post a Comment