Monday, April 23, 2012

Low Memory Video Cards for High Specs PC?

Hello!



Im currently using a low spec pc. I am suffering from it's low performance and speed. Now, I am thinking of upgrading my pc. I knew I don't have enough budget for now. So I try to upgrade only a few parts first. Here are the basic specs:



MoBo: MSI 945GCM7-F

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo

RAM: 2GB kingston DDR2 667

HD: 250Gig



Now, there goes a budget limit. It will take another month for me to upgrade the video card. I am currently using 4mb trident video card, w/c has too low memory and performance. What if I continue using this video card on an upgraded pc within a month while waiting for the upgrade. Should I expect more performance of it than my present pc? Would it cause harm with my computer? Your answer would be a help and an additional knowledge to me. Thanks.





|||Using a low performance video card won't actually harm your PC but it will bottleneck your PC's performance. Applications which need graphic cards like games will suffer. However make sure that the graphic card is compatible with your new system(which I doubt). Your card uses the AGP interface while new motherboards ship with a PCI-E interface for graphic cards. So you won't be able to use your old card with your new PC.

Anyway given your current video you're better off with the mobo's integrated graphic card. So don't bother fixing your old graphic card.|||Yes you should expect more. This one works very well without having to buy a power supply...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.…

No comments:

Post a Comment