Thursday, April 26, 2012

Desktop PC qualities for extensive image & HD video editing and rendering?

I am a professional photographer who uses adobe Bridge, Photoshop and other extensive editing software for my business. My wife and I are looking to get in to some professional HD videography. To say the least, our laptops just won't cut it. They both crash on occasion while I have Bridge and PS open (depending on the extent of my edits).



A photographer I am, but a computer professional, I am not. I need to know the difference between processor speed & type, ram, and what video graphics card I might need. What do all of these effect? What are the advantages of multiple core processors? How does "ram" fit into the picture? Will I need a specific graphics card to render and produce Full HD videos? Any other important areas I should know about in picking a good PC?



Basically, I just want a computer that can handle a lot of extensive media editing software (I feel that the greatest importance is for the computer to have the ability to handle editing full HD 1080p). I'm sure if it can handle that, it should be able to handle anything Bridge and Photoshop could throw at it.



One last thing... I know there's a lot of Mac fans out there, but now's not the time for me to go learning how another computer works, plus all of that insanely expensive software that I'd have to re-buy, so I'm just looking for info on PC Desktops. Thanks everyone!|||go to

www.cnetcentral.com

go to reviews on computers

they have a list of reviews on different computer and the plus and minus of them.

you doing vidoe you want at least a quad core and mim 6 gig of ram and high end video card and multi hard drives at least 1 terabye each hd video takes a lot of space.



something like that you want custom built you not going to find that at a best buy or costco definally not wal mart.

Talk to some computer shops in your area that can help you custom build your pc|||Good source of info:

http://www.videoguys.com/Guide/E/Videogu…



i7 quad core will do fast rendering, i7 920 is plenty



Look at the comparison between core 2 and i7 920 on rendering at anantech

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/5…



<><><><><>



Video cards designed for gaming process video differently than a video workstation card does but many use them because of the cost factor



Quadro is an example

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_fx_5…



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



Fastest gaming cards

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_e…

No comments:

Post a Comment