Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I use/crossfire two video cards with this PC? If so, how?

Okay, basically I don't know whether it is possible to use two video cards with my PC and I have no idea how to do it. I only have a single monitor and I just wanted to enhance my PC specs for better gaming. So if you could enlighten me, here are my specs:



Windows version: Windows XP Professional SP2 (5.1.2600)

Processor Name: AMD Phenom II X4 920 Processor 2800MHz

Motherboard Model: TA780G M2+ HP Biostar Group

Memory Installed: 3,327.23 MB (2x2 Samsung DDR2 800)

Videocard Name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics 700.00 MB

Power Supply: ActivePower ATX-850W



I don't have any other video card atm, but I would like to know if I can buy another one and enhance my capabilities.|||You have a PCIe x 16 slot so you can upgrade to a discreet video card. You can't however combine it with the on board graphics such as the newer Hybrid on board graphics that are out now. If you have that much of a power supply and CPU power I would suggest that you go with a 4870 X2 video card. It should complement that system nicely. I hope this helped.|||no it only has 1 PCI-e port|||You only have one PCI-Express slot, so no.|||no you would need a mothboard with 2 video card slots. as that card only has one it is impossible. you can how ever put an actuall video card in which will boost performance over the integrated graphics. but to go crossfire you have to have 2 identical video cards and a crossfire capable motherboard. i would recommend a good nvidea card the gtx series are extremly good cards and you definatly have more than enough power the question will be if you have enough room in the case.|||Crossfire need 2 slot of 16x PCI-E and a pair of graphics card which is DDR3...

No comments:

Post a Comment