Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is it possible to get a video capture card for the PC?

I want something to record HD Gameplay footage of me playing, without putting a large load on my processor (I don't have the best computer, and don't have the money for a major upgrade), so I was hoping there was something similar for PC like there is for Xbox and stuff like that. Also if there is such a thing could someone link me to an example please? I tried google-ing it but I got a bunch of stuff to get HDTV on your PC, which I don't care about, because I have an HDTV right behind me.



And no, I don't want Fraps, and I don't want Hypercam or any of that stuff, I already have those, the point is I have an average processor which means most of it is used by the games I run, so having Fraps/Hypercam running also gives me a major FPS hit, so I want a card (similar to a video card) to plug in to a PCI-E slot or something that will take all the load of recording so my processor isn't strained and I don't take an FPS hit.|||You don't want to capture on the same computer you're playing on. Even a hardware capture card is going to put a load on your cpu, and you'll be moving a lot of data onto a drive somewhere really fast, that will make a difference.



It's better to put a capture card into a 2nd computer and do the capturing on that computer while you're playing on the first one.



Avermedia makes a PCI-E card that records in HD, up to 1080i anyway, for about 85 bucks. I use it to record myself playing video games, using 2 computers as described above. It works ok, I could stand to mess with the compression for upload to youtube.



http://www.youtube.com/user/mranenome

No comments:

Post a Comment